1. Capitalized terms, not defined elsewhere in this Agreement, shall mean as follows:
(a) “App” means the android mobile platform owned by Lokal, including any updates thereof.
(b) “User” or “You” or “Your” refers to a natural person who has accepted this Agreement in order to download and use the App.
2. Any reference to the singular includes a reference to the plural and vice versa, and any reference to one gender includes a reference to other gender(s), unless explicitly provided for.
3. Headings and captions are used for convenience only and not for interpretation of the Agreement.
4. Any reference to a natural person shall, include his/her heirs, executors and permitted assignees and any reference to a juristic person shall, include its affiliates, successors and permitted assignees, unless repugnant to the context.
1. You approve of and accept this Agreement by:
(a) downloading and/or installing the App on Your device; or
(b) accessing or using the App or any of the content available within the App from any device.
2. You can accept this Agreement only if:
(a) You are of the legal age, eligibility and mental capacity to form a binding contract with Lokal pursuant to Your use of the App; and
(b) You are not legally barred from using the App.
1. The App is designed to provide You an in-app browsing experience through an embedded browser.
2. The App may include links to other mobile applications and/or websites (some of which may be automated search results) which may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. We do not endorse or support these links or the products and services they provide; these links are provided for Your convenience only. We are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of such links.
3. In order to provide the App to You, We may request You to register and/or provide information about yourself. We trust that any information provided by You will always be true, accurate, complete and updated.
4. The content displayed on the App is for Your non-commercial and personal use. You are not allowed to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works of, or publicly display any content displayed on the App.
Your email address and phone number are used to identify you while logging into the App. Lokal may use your personal information to control your access to the App as well as use of the App, to communicate with the you, customize your experience of using the App and and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that Lokal may send from time to time and provide information that may be useful or interesting based on the content and personally identifiable information relating to you.
5. We may stop provision of the App (or any part of the App), permanently or temporarily, to You or to Users generally or may modify or change the nature of the App and/or these Terms at Our sole discretion, without any prior notice to You. Your use of the App following any such modification constitutes Your deemed acceptance to be bound by the Agreement (or as it may be modified).
1. A violation of this Agreement may result in a legal liability upon You and that nothing in this Agreement should be construed to confer any rights to any third party. You are responsible for Your conduct and activities while using the App, and for any consequences thereof.
2. If any provision of the Agreement is found to be unenforceable under the applicable law, it will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
3. We may choose to not act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by You or others but this does not mean that We cannot act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. Our intended or intended failure to exercise or enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
1. You will download and install the App for using it. You will also download and update the relevant latest versions of the App and any relevant updates provided by Us to avail continued access to the App.
2. While the App is available to You free of cost, We may amend these Terms and impose a cost on the App in future. We donâ€™t promise to but will try our best to give You a prior notice in this regard.
3. You will use the App only for such purposes as is permitted by (a) this Agreement; and (b) any law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines applicable in the country of which You are a citizen, in which You are a resident or from where You use the App.
4. For Your use of the App, Lokal grants You a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right to install and use the App on Your android device. However, You shall not copy the App or any of its components, except for the purpose of making a single archival back up copy.
5. Lokal also grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access such content on the App which is owned by Lokal. For using any content owned by a third party, You still require a license from such third party, We donâ€™t license such content to You and Your use of content owned by a third party is governed by applicable terms and conditions prescribed by such third party.
1. You will not use the App or any content provided thereof for any purpose that is illegal, unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement.
2. You will not access (or attempt to access) the content provided through the App by any means other than through the App, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate written agreement with Lokal
3. You will not redistribute, sublicense, rent, publish, sell, assign, lease, market, transfer, or otherwise make the App or any component or content thereof, available to third parties.
4. You will not circumvent or disable any digital rights management, usage rules, or other security features of App; remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices (including copyright notices) on any portion of the App; and not use the App in a manner that threatens the integrity, performance, or availability of the App.
5. You will not attempt to or engage in any activity that may:
(a) reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise extract the source code related to the App or any part thereof, unless it is expressly permitted by Lokal to You in writing or is required by the applicable law;
(b) use any robot, spider, retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the App or content thereof;
(c) collect information about users of the App for any illegal or unlawful purpose;
(d) create any user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences for using the App;
(e) transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature through the App;
(f) use the App in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair, or undertake any action which is harmful or potentially harmful to, any of the servers, networks, computer systems or resources connected to any of the servers connected, directly or indirectly to the App, or interfere with any other third party’s use and enjoyment of the App;
(g) carry out any denial of service (DoS, DDoS) or any other harmful attacks on the App or; disrupt or place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, or interfere with or attempt to make, or attempt any unauthorized access to the App or any part of the App or any user of the App;
(h) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the App; or
(i) obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available, in the opinion of Lokal, through the App.
6. You will not impersonate another person or impersonate, guide or host on behalf of, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with any person or entity, including, but not limited to Our officials, employees, agents, partners, affiliates, dealers and franchisees.
1. Your access to the App may be terminated if:
(a) You voluntarily uninstall the App from Your device;
(c) You do not pay the requisite fee, if any, should Lokal charge for use of the App.
2. We may have to terminate Your access to the App if:
(a) We are required to do so by law (for example, where the access to and/or provision of the App to You becomes, unlawful);
(b) The third party, if any, with whom We offered the App to You has terminated its relationship with Us or ceased to offer the related services to Us or to You;
(c) The provision of App to You, is no longer commercially viable or feasible for Us; or
(d) You are a repeat infringer of this Agreement.
3. We may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without notice and may procure disabling Your access to the App and/or barring You from any future use of the App.
4. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by terminating Your access to the App. However, Your certain obligations under this Agreement shall continue to prevail even on such termination.
5. When this Agreement comes to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that You and Lokal have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Agreement has been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
The following table lists the information we collect from you and how we use it:
User ID, mobile phone number and IP address. We may collect an indicative age range which tells us that you are of the appropriate age to access our Platform and certain features of our Platform (collectively, “Log-in Data”).
Alongside the Log-in Data, we also collect your photo and the biography provided by you on your user profile.
For the purpose of the Matrimonial Profile, Job Profile and Classifieds, we collect other personal information at your discretion which may include information such as age, gender, education, family background, marital status, caste, religion, employment status, dietary preferences etc.
This comprises all of the information you make available to other users via Platform, comprising such as:
– Information about you or relating to you that is voluntarily shared by you on the Platform, including without limitation, any quotes, images, political opinions, religious views, etc.
– Any posts that you make on the Platform (including your public profile, and photos, videos and voice recordings and photos through your device’s camera and/or microphone sensor), Location Data and Log Data associated with such postings.
– This also includes information about you (including Location Data and Log Data) that other users of the Platform share about you or any communications they make to you.
We may also be working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from such sources. Such data may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Platform.
– technical information, such as your mobile carrier-related information, configuration information made available by your web browser or other programs you use to access the Platform, your IP address and your device’s version and identification number;
– information about what you have searched for and looked at while using the Platform, such as web search terms used, social media profiles visited, mini applications used, and details of other information and content accessed or requested by you while using the Platform;
– general information about communications on the platform, such as the identity of a user that you have communicated with and the time, data and duration of your communications; and metadata, which means information related to items you have made available through the Platform, such as the date, time or location that a shared photograph or video was taken or posted.
If you choose to participate in a survey, we may request you to provide certain Personal Information i.e. any information that could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”). We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys and this will be notified to you prior to you completing the survey.
– To facilitate communication, including provision of user support;
– To search and filter your respective profile based on matrimonial or job requirements for other users of the platform;
– To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies and any of our rights, or the rights of our affiliate companies, or other users of the Platform;
– To develop new services and improve the existing services and the Platform and integrate user feedback and requests;
– To provide language and location based personalization;
– To administer the Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, security, fraud-detection,account management, and survey purposes;
– To better understand how you use and access the Platform and to improve the user experience on the Platform;
– For customizing various feeds on the platform including but not limited to “lokal” or home feed, job listings feed, matrimonial listing feed, classifieds listing feed.
– To pseudonymised and aggregate your information, including Personal Information, for conducting user demographic analysis on items such as region, phone model, operating system platform, system language, and the Platform version in order to better understand how our users are using Platform;
– To pseudonymised and aggregate your information, including Personal Information, for collection of web and account traffic statistics of what content and services are used when users access third-party services on the Platform;
– To assess effectiveness of and improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities.
Any searches you make on the Platform.
We collect your phone number and request access to the SMSes on your phone by sending you a One-Time-Password (“OTP”), which you confirm by entering the OTP to confirm your identity, while registering with our Platform.
“Location Data” is information that is derived from your GPS, IP address, and/or public posts that contain location information. You will disclose certain location information to us and to other Platform users:
– when you use certain location-based features on the Platform, such as ‘auto select district and constituency’ feature and/or any other feature or mini applications that we may introduce on our Platform from time to time, and when you share your location with other Platform users; and
– when you access the Platform, as we derive location information from your IP address, device, or internet service to prevent multiple or fraudulent log-ins to your account.
– To provide you with location-based services that you choose to use:
– such as Jobs, classifieds available, and other similar services near your location.
– mini applications that may be made available on the Platform from time to time, which may require such information based on the services that they provide (if you choose to disclose your location to any mini application);
– To provide language and location customisation.
Any information that you provide to our customer support team regarding any assistance or support that you may require for using our Platform from time to time.
“Device Data” includes without limitation, the following:
information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, battery level, signal strength, available storage space, browser type, app and file names and types, and plugins.
information about operations and behaviors performed on the device, such as whether a window is foregrounded or backgrounded.
unique identifiers, device IDs, and other identifiers, such as from games, apps or accounts you use.
information you allow us to receive through device settings you turn on, such as access to your GPS location, camera or photos.
information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address and connection speed.
Any mobile applications that are stored on your mobile device.
We access the media gallery on your mobile device, including without limitation, images, videos and audio files and the storage space on your phone. However, we shall always obtain your consent before accessing your images and you shall have the option to deny us such access.
– To customize our Platform to suit your mobile device;
– Understand whether there is enough storage space on your device to be able to download any content from the Platform for the purposes of sharing via WhatsApp and/or Facebook;
– To optimize your user experience on our Platform;
– To facilitate the sharing of any content on the Platform via the applications downloaded on your mobile device;
– To verify your identity so as to enforce our terms, conditions, and policies;
– To improve the Platform.
Any information that you provide to us in submitting an entry to any contest which may be offered on the Platform from time to time.
– To award prizes, if applicable.
We disclose your information in the following manner:
Public content i.e. any content you post on your user profile or on another user’s profile, such as a post comment, is accessible to everyone, including search engines. Any information you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Platform, including your profile page information, is accessible to anyone. When you submit, post or share the content that you choose to make public, on the Platform, it may be re-shared by others. You should consider who you choose to share it with, because people who can see your activity on our Platform can choose to share it with others on and off our Platform, including people outside the audience you shared it with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific users of our Platform or accounts, they can download or re-share that content with other users across or off our Platform. Also, when you comment on someone else’s post or like their content, your comment or like is visible to anyone who can see the other person’s content.Users can also use our Platform to create and share content about you with the audience that they choose, such as posting a photo of you. We reserve the right to share all public content on any social media site or any other online or offline platform. We will never rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties, except on an anonymized basis, unless expressly provided in these Terms.
We may share your Personal Information with any member of our Group. The term “Group” shall mean any entity that is controlled by us, or any entity that is in control of us, or any entity that is under common control with us, whether directly or indirectly.
When you share content and communicate using our Platform, you choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you post any content from our Platform on Facebook, you select the audience for the post, such as a friend, a group of friends or all of your friends. Similarly, when you use WhatsApp or any other application on your mobile device to share the content on our Platform, you choose who you share the content with. We do not control and shall not be liable for the manner in which such persons (with whom you choose to share content via any sharing options, such as WhatsApp or Facebook, available on the Platform) use the information that you share with them.
We may share your information (including Personal Information) with select third parties including:
We may also disclose your information (including Personal Information) to select third parties in the following circumstances:
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to secure the information collected by us. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password which enables you to access the Platform, you are responsible for keeping these details confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We store your data with Amazon Web Services cloud platform provided by Amazon Web Services, Inc. (headquartered at 410 Terry Ave. N Seattle, Washington 98109, USA) and also on Google Cloud Platform provided by Google LLC (headquartered at 1101 S Flower St, Burbank, California 91502, USA) on their servers located in India and abroad. Both Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform implement security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information, details of which are available at https://aws.amazon.com and https://cloud.google.com. The privacy policies adopted by Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform are available at https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/?nc1=f_pr and https://policies.google.com/privacy.
You are free to remove or unpublish content from your user account/profile and your account/ profile at any point in time. However, the history of your activities and account on our Platform remains available to us. You may correct, amend, add or delete Personal Information from your account at any time by logging in and visiting your profile page. Under Section 5(6) of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (“Rules”), you have a right to ask us to review, correct and amend the information we collect about you at any point in time. Under Section 5(7) of the Rules, you also have the right to revoke your consent to the collection of your information going forward. However, please note that revoking your consent may negatively affect your use of the Platform. For instance, we need access to your mobile device’s media folder and camera so that you can click pictures from your mobile device and post them on the Platform, which functionality will not be available to you if you do not provide us such access.. You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org However, we require a reasonable period of 30 (thirty) days to comply with any of your requests.
We do not retain your Sensitive Personal Information (defined below in this paragraph) for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully used. For any other content, we will entertain your request for deletion, however, there is a strong possibility that copies of any public content will be retained indefinitely in our systems, including in cached and archived pages of the Platform, or if other users have copied or saved that information. In addition, due to the nature of the internet, copies of your content, including content that you have removed or deleted from your account, may also exist elsewhere on the Internet and be retained indefinitely. “Sensitive Personal Information” shall mean passwords and any other information that is classified as sensitive under Section 3 of the Rules.
The Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, Affiliates and/or any other websites or mobile applications. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or mobile applications.
1. Your use of the App is, and at all times shall be, governed by and subject to the laws regarding copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret ownership and use of intellectual property, and You shall be solely responsible for any violations of any laws and for any infringements of any intellectual property rights caused by Your use of the App through Your device.
2.Lokal owns and retains all the intellectual property rights to the summarized content made available to You through the App by Lokal but does not claim ownership rights to the original sources of information, which are instead held by the sites to which the App may link You.
3. All trademarks, brands and service marks of the App are the property of Lokal only. Lokal owns all of the copyrights and database in relation to the App.
4. The App and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the App may contain rights of Lokal or its affiliates or any third party. For use of any third partyâ€™s intellectual property, You may need to get permission directly from the owner of the intellectual property.
5. Any intellectual property which is not specifically mentioned to be owned by Lokal is owned by their respective owners and the owners have a right to take appropriate actions against You for any violation, infringement or passing off.
6. Lokal respects the intellectual property rights of others and does not hold any responsibility for any violations of any intellectual property rights by You.
2. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any device You use to access the App. Accordingly, You are solely responsible for all activities that occur with Your device. If You become aware of any unauthorized use of Your device, You will notify the relevant authorities as soon as possible.
1. Your use of the App or any content available thereof is entirely at Your own risk and We shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, monetary or any other damages, fees, fines, penalties or liabilities whatsoever arising out of or relating to Your use of the App.
2. You may terminate Your access to the App if You are not satisfied with the App.
3. You shall defend, indemnify and hold Lokal, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents harmless from and against any claims, actions, demands, liabilities, judgments, and settlements, including without limitation, reasonable legal fee that may result from or alleged to result from (a) Your use of the App; or (b) Your breach of any rules, regulations and/or orders under any applicable law.
4. You are also responsible for any breach of Your obligations under the Agreement and/or for the consequences of any such breach.
1. We shall make our best efforts to make the App available to You in the best possible manner. However, We disclaim all warranties in relation to the App, whether express or implied, including but not limited to:
(a) the App being constantly available or available at all;
(b) installation or un-installation choices in relation to the App being successfully executed in all cases;
(c) that App will always function without disruptions, delay or errors;
(d) Your personal ability to use the App;
(e) Your satisfaction with the use of the App;
(f) the accuracy of the data provided by the App;
(g) the security and privacy of Your data;
(h) that all bugs or errors in relation to the App will be corrected;
(i) that the App will be compatible with all devices and all networks;
(j) that the App is fit for a particular purpose or use; or
(k) that the App and the contents thereof are accessible in every location.
2. Lokal, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates and agents and any other service provider responsible for providing access to the App in connection with this Agreement will not be liable for any acts or omissions, including of a third party, and including those vendors participating in Lokal’s offerings made to You, or for any unauthorized interception of data or breaches of this Agreement attributable in part to the acts or omissions of third parties, or for damages associated with Lokal, or equipment that it does not furnish, or for damages that result from the operation systems, equipment, facilities or services provided by third parties that are interconnected with Lokal.
1. The App may be controlled and operated through any country and may be subject to the laws of that country in which they are controlled and operated. If You use the App from any location, then, You are responsible for compliance with the local laws applicable to You.
2. This Agreement shall be governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India. All disputes relating to this Agreement shall be settled in the courts located at Bangalore, India.
3. You and Lokal agree that any cause of action arising out of Your use of the App must be commenced within 3 (three) months after the cause of action accrues or You become aware of the facts giving rise to the cause of action, whichever is later. Otherwise, such cause of action shall be permanently barred.
1. Lokal may post notices within the App or send you notices on the e-mail address or the telephone number that You may have shared with Us. You will have received such notices within 3 (three) days of Us sending the notice. Your continued use of the App on expiry of such 3 (three) days shall constitute Your receipt and acceptance of the notices sent to You.
1. The contents provided through the App may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Lokal may make changes or improvements to the App at any time. The contents or any information available on the App is provided “as is” and “as available” and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law. Lokal does not warrant that the functions contained in the contents will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or the servers that make them available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. Lokal makes no commitment to update the materials on the interface. The above exclusion may not apply to You, to the extent that applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Lokal shall not be liable for any misuse or data theft as a consequence of Your use of the App.
2. THE APP, AND ALL NEWS CONTENTS ACCESSED THROUGH THE APP, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”.
3. YOU EXPRESSLY REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU WILL NOT USE THE APP IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, AGREE TO BECOME A PARTY TO, AND ABIDE BY ALL THE TERMS SPECIFIED IN THIS AGREEMENT. ANY VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT MAY RESULT IN LEGAL LIABILITY UPON YOU. NOTHING IN THE AGREEMENT SHOULD BE CONSTRUED TO CONFER ANY RIGHTS TO ANY THIRD PARTY OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
Last updated on 07-JUL-2022.
building the internet for india's next billion users
Copyright 2020 @ Behtar Technology Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.